Sunday 18 May 2008

Day 1 - part 2

The following has just arrived from Jane in the UK. No, not me, another Jane!!! Below is what she says and her WIP.

"Well I'm amazed that I have managed to get this far. I have only done a split ring once and as mentioned before I have never used beads. I was able to thread the initial 6 beads on to the yarn relatively easily but when it came to attaching the 9 beads to the long picot I was stumped. I got over it by threading the beads on to a threaded beading needle and then transferring it to the long picot from that. I have attached a picture of what I have done and unlike Katie Verna I still have my balls of yarn attached should I cut them off?"

I can't believe that somebody is brave enough to start in on this with no experience of adding beads AND after only doing one SR before. I zoomed in on Jane's work and it's SO neat too I am very, very proud of her and already the weeks of planning have made it worth while. Thank you, Jane.

No comments: