Saturday 16 February 2008

Completed hippos! Part 9

I thought I'd start a new 'page' in the blog for number 101 and any others!
Now up to 109 on 10th March! It's the 12th March now and another hippo's just wandered in! Number 110!!!

This one has just arrived from Hermien via Riet. Riet said the following -
"He or she came in my mailbox this morning The card is special made by Hermien. One side it says in Dutch: Beter laat dan nooit, dat is translated better late than never and the hippo is under a tree nice isn't it?"
Yes, Riet, it is lovely and I like the grass tickling the hippo's nose too!!!!


















Sunday morning and it's very cold here so the next one from Angela in Michigan has not come to a much warmer place!!! Angela said -
"Sorry I am so late in sending you my Hippo but it got very cold here in Michigan (below zero several days) and Honey Hippo could not stand it and went into hibernation. She finally came out today as it is almost 30 degrees and agreed to visit you and all of the other Hippos."













Another hippo has arrived on this cold Sunday morning. This one is from Eva
in Sweden. This is what she said -
"Finally I have finished my hippo. Very fun to tat. I can see a little tear in the eye but I hope it's a tear of joy."
Thanks, Eva. I'm sure it is!!












Another hippo from BJ with all his notes attached!!! Thanks SO much, BJ

"Height: Aprox 21/2" Length: Aprox 3 1/2"
Color: Pizzaz (size 30) and size 30 Finca yellow and blue
This is Miss Pearl. She returned with her mother from Texas. Plain Jane apparently fell in love when she saw the uncontrolable Texas Circus Hippo. They were seen frolicking in the Rio Grande. Fortunately, "Jane" came home before the snow hit New Mexico. Miss Pearl is colorful and she loves her pearl eye!"











This hippo came from Gepke van Bers. She is a new tatter and she had a few problems. She told Riet (who passed the hippo on to me) that she will try again, but she has now started working on the new TIAS!











Here is a hippo from Tine Bouma who is another member of Riet's group in The Netherlands.
Thank you, Tine.













This one is from Marie Smith who says -
"My Hippo traveled with me to Florida but did not want to return home. He met a new friend,whom he had to leave behind. That is why he is dragging his chin, and his color is much bluer than before. But doesn't he look cool in his Panama Hat! "
Way cool, Marie!!!












The next to join the bloat is from Marjorie Garland. Here's what she has to say -
"I have it finished! I now realise that I have gone wrong on the bit under its chin but i will call it my version. I struggled with the eye, I broke the thread closing the ring and had to join but then I worked out how to close the ring more easily. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing it and have learned a few things along the way. Maybe I will try doing again when I have time. In the mean time I have geckos to think about!"













This next one is from Ireland and Jackie Magnin. She says -
'Isn't she BEAUTIFUL! The garter is compliments to 'Mud, mud, glorious mud', with the eye I made life easy for myself by unwinding the shuttle- (I tried the pattern but wasn't happy with my result); Bring on the next mistery-tour! I still think it will make a nice rhino. Plenty of grey thread to try it out. See you!'











The next hippo has just arrived again from The Netherlands and via Riet!! The message Riet sent with it is as follows -
"Yesterday we had our guildmeeting and there came in all the hippo's and there was one made by Mrs Mooi, he just was ready and I took a picture and here is the picture for you here is the picture for you She had a problem with her eyes has had surgery and now she can tat, what she couldn't for a long time. She followed what was going on with the hippo and when she could tat she did it, nice isn't it greetings"











This one (number 110) is from Carmel Grimes one of the Irish tatting friends of Pamela Myers. She found this very intriguing.



No comments: